Argentium® Sterling Silver
Argentium® Sterling Silver has an added alloy of Germanium which makes it highly tarnish resistant making it easy to clean and maintain. It is 92.5% Sterling Silver. Like Sterling Silver, it contains some copper alloys. Persons who have a body chemistry that reacts to copper, please note that you may have a similar reaction to Argentium Silver leading to potential tarnishing.
Argentium® Sterling Silver Earring Wires
These earring wires are a flat fishhook design - They are 21 Gauge - When it comes to gauge - the larger the number - the thinner the wire.
Sterling Silver JumpLocks
I believe that JumpLocks, as they become more readily available in all standard jumpring sizes, will eventually replace jumprings. Jumplocks are uniquely as strong as soldered jumprings too.
How they work:
1. Use two smooth or nylon jaw chain nose pliers to grip the sides of the Jumplock at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions, with the opening at the top.
2. Holding the left side stead, twist the right side of the ring a quarter-turn away from you. Place your chain, charm, or finding onto the Jumplock.
3. While continuing to hold the left side stead, twist the right side back toward you a quarter-turn past the closed position.
4. Begin to bring your Jumplock into the closed position. As you twist back, very gently push the right side in just enough to make sure that the edges of the two ends make contact with each other. As you reach the closed position, you will hear a click.
5. Twist the right side back and forth very slightly to align the two ends and finish hardening the metal into the closed postion. The ring is now "LOCKED" securely.
Jumplocks Available in Gold Filled
Beadseller Beads & Jewelry Supplies